Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Slow Progress & Crochet Olympics

My Almost Argyle socks for the knitting Olympics are coming along, but very slowly. I think I picked a project that's way over my little pointy knitting head. I'll keep plugging away on them though.

So. Since there are only five days left in the knitting Olympics and there are not enough hours in the day to get my socks done, I have gone and joined the Crochet Olympics. Makes perfect sense, huh? Crochet is something I can do a lot faster than knit, so I've joined up and will be making a baby sweater, afghan, and booties. I may throw a hat in there too to complete the layette...or not, since I haven't totally lost it yet. (Have I?) :)

I couldn't finish the Yarn Bee baby sweater for the simple reason that I somehow lost the sleeves. Don't ask....I still don't know what happened to them. It was kind of a mess of a project anyway, being part knitting and part crochet. Maybe I should just go ahead and make it a sleeveless sweater...with a hood, yah. Oh boy. Why am I so all over the place with knitting and crocheting lately? I need to find one project and stick to it until it is finished. Oh, right....I just did that with the crochet olympics. Guess I'd better get started then! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Hit Counters Crochet Blogs
<< | list | >>

Previous | Join | List | Next